Every week I look forward to my weekly farmer’s market trip. Although it is small (just one farmer vendor) I always find something new. Although green tomatoes are not rare in any shape or form, they most certainly are new to me. So when I saw these beautiful, vibrant gems – I had to have them.
I like simple. No – I love simple.
Green Tomato Salad
Yield 2-4 servings
- 1-2 green tomatoes, circular slices
- 1/4 fresh mozzarella, circular slices
- 1 pearl medallion onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp balsamic reduction
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- coarse salt & freshly ground pepper to taste
To truly enjoy the pairing of the sweet-tart tomatoes and creamy cheese, alternate the slices of tomatoes and cheese. Add the chopped onion on top and drizzle oil and balsamic vinegar. Sprinkle the coarse salt and grind the pepper to taste.